Registered riders and passengers will receive points for each tour stop. To become a Tour Finisher, participants need to make at least half of the tour stops (documented per the Rules for Participation Page). Participants in the tour will visit tour stops that include roadside attractions, historical sites, memorials, unique geography, and biker friendly businesses that are sponsoring the tour.
Registered riders are to take a picture of their bike and their rally flag at the tour stop location. Be sure that your rally flag and the stop location are clearly identifiable in your picture. In the event that you are not able to get your bike in the picture due to some circumstance beyond your control (such as a crowded parking lot, construction barrier, etc.), you can send in a picture of yourself (without the bike) and your rally flag with the stop location in the background. If that is not possible, send me an email with the circumstances. This tour is meant to a fun and safe adventure. Be safety conscience, obey all traffic laws, and have fun.
You can download a pdf file on “How to Document Your Tour Stops” below so you can take it with you on the road.
THIS LIST OF TOUR STOPS BELOW IS NOT CONSIDERED COMPLETE. ADDITIONAL TOUR STOPS MAY BE ADDED UP UNTIL FEBRUARY 16, 2020. Do not assume that the tour stops listed below are in any particular order. You will want to check the links for locations and other information as you plan your touring trips.
Click the site names below each picture for info about the site.
For sponsors, their addresses are listed. For the other tour stops, the links (click the name of the stop) take you to web sites that will help you find the locations. A little research may be required. Do not submit pictures before March 1, 2020. Picture submissions must include your rally flag. See the Rules for Participation page for additional details/requirements.
2. Platinum Level Sponsor: MotorcycleGear.com = 12 points + points for purchases*
Note: Points for purchases can be earned for either in store purchases or on-line purchases. Sponsor’s physical location: 7916 Private Road, Shallowater, TX 79363.
6. Gold Level Sponsor: Moto Liberty = 9 points + points for purchases*
Sponsor’s physical location: 15402 Midway Road, Addison, TX 75001
10. Silver Level Sponsor: Flying L Ranch Resort = 7 points + points for purchases*
Note: You can take a picture of your bike and rally flag with any “Flying L” signage on the property, including parked Flying L vehicles.
Sponsor’s physical location: 675 Flying L Drive, Bandera, TX 78003
12. Observation Tower in Roberts Point Park, Port Aransas = 9 Points
This location is sponsored by the Port Aransas Chamber of Commerce.
13. Luckenbach Post Office or Historical Marker =_3_Points
If you go on a weekend, it may be too crowded to get a pic in front of the post office. Another option is to get a pic by the historical marker. Conveniently, it is located by the motorcycle parking area. Just submit a pic from one or the other – not both.
14. Bronze Level Sponsor: Alamo BMW Motorcycles = 5 points + points for purchases*
Sponsor’s physical address: 25600 IH-10 W, Boerne, TX 78006
19. Bronze Level Sponsor: Hill Country Motorheads Motorcycle Museum = 5 points + points for purchases*
Sponsor’s physical address: 2001 W Highway 29, Burnet, TX 78611
23. Bronze Level Sponsor: Frio Canyon Motorcycle Stop/Bent Rim Grill = 5 points + points for purchases*
Sponsor’s physical address: 657 RR 337 W, Leakey, TX 78873
24. Buddy Holly Center = 3 points
Take your picture by the sign in the picture above or park by the curb to get a pic with statue in the distance. Let me know if you see Peggy Sue.
27. Bronze Level Sponsor: Classic Rock Coffee Co. & Kitchen = 5 points + points for purchases*
Sponsor’s physical address: 129 E. Washington Avenue, Navasota, TX 77868
31. Bronze Level Sponsor: Paris Harley-Davidson= 5 points + points for purchases*
Sponsor’s physical location: 2875 NE LOOP 286, PARIS, TX 75460
35. Bronze Level Sponsor: South Main Iron = 5 points + points for purchases*
Sponsor’s physical address: 255 SW 1st Street, Paris, TX 75460
40. Veterans Assistance Dogs of Texas = 5 points + points for monetary donations*
Non-Profit’s physical address: 601 N. Spur 100, Kerrville, TX 78028
TO MAKE DONATIONS TO THEM, GO TO THEIR WEBSITE AT THIS LINK (VADOGS.ORG). WHEN YOU FILL-OUT THE FORM, PLEASE INDICATE THAT YOU ARE RIDING WITH THE MOTORCYCLE GRAND TOUR OF TEXAS. YOU CAN PAY WITH PAYPAL OR WITH A CREDIT CARD. YOU WILL RECEIVE A RECEIPT VIA EMAIL. SUBMIT A PICTURE OF THAT EMAIL RECEIPT TO THE PICTURE SUBMISSION PORTAL.
This is a great charity that trains service dogs to assist the lives of disabled Texas Veterans suffering from physical disabilities, traumatic brain injuries, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), Military Sexual Trauma (MST) or a combination of these disabilities.
See the video below to hear Veterans talk about how the dogs they receive from this program have helped improve their lives.
44. Lone Star Rider – Riding for a Cure = 5 points + points for monetary donations*
TO MAKE DONATIONS TO THE AMERICAN DIABETES ASSOCIATION VIA LONE STAR RIDER’S “RIDING FOR A CURE” MISSION, GO TO THE WEBSITE AT THIS LINK. SUBMIT A PICTURE OF THE EMAIL RECEIPT TO THE PICTURE SUBMISSION PORTAL. When you fill-out the on-line donation form, put your name in the “name recognition box and tell him that you are participating in the Motorcycle Grand Tour of Texas in the “personal note” box.
GET A PICTURE OF YOUR BIKE AND RALLY FLAG WITH LONE STAR RIDER (Rex Covington) OR WITH HIS TRAILER.
Rex Covington’s road name is Lone Star Rider. His son was a diabetic that died as a result of a diabetic blackout that caused him to crash his car. Rex is traveling with a very small trailer that he pulls behind his motorcycle to increase awareness about diabetes and raise funds for the American Diabetes Association (ADA). A “meet and greet” with Rex will be scheduled somewhere in the Hill Country. Take a picture of your bike and rally flag next to his trailer to earn five points. Donations to the ADA via his fundraising page during the 2020 tour will earn additional points (in accordance with the Rules for Participation page). The date and location of the meet and greet with Rex will be posted here when scheduled. Below is a video that does a good job of describing Rex’s mission.
45. New London School Explosion Monument = 3 points. Get the pic of your bike/rally flag with the monument in the background. I highly recommend checking-out the museum while there. You can also eat lunch at the museum’s cafe/soda fountain.
47. Liberty Mutual Insurance Signage = 5 points. For this pic submission, your bike does NOT have to be in the pic. Just submit a pic of your tour flag at any Liberty Mutual sign or submit a pic with Insurance Agent Joseph Guerra (pictured above) with your tour flag. The sign above is at Joseph’s office – 7900 Windrose Ave., Plano, TX 75024. Joseph plans to be at the May 16th event – Motorcycle Roundup at the Flying L.
Joseph is a rider and a motorcycle racer. Joseph has agreed to make a $5.00 donation to Veterans Assistance Dogs of Texas for each request for insurance quote received (one per household, any type of insurance offered by Liberty Mutual Insurance). Great job Joseph! The donations are applicable for requests for insurance quotes made from March 1, 2020 though April 30, 2020. To request a insurance quote, click this link.
49. Baker Hotel in Mineral Wells = 3 points
This once grand hotel has been decaying for many years. It looks like its actually going to be restored! Just ride to Mineral Wells. You will find the hotel, as it is the biggest landmark in the area.
50. Bronze Level Sponsor: Gage Hotel = 5 points + points for purchases*
Sponsor’s physical address: 102 NW 1st Street – HWY 90 West, Marathon, TX 79842
*NOTES: In accordance with the Rules for Participation, points for purchases or donations may be obtained for up to three receipts submitted. Except for sponsors in the lodging business, the purchase of multiple items on one receipt shall be deemed one purchase and the points calculated shall be based upon the total amount paid (as reflected on the receipt). Only one receipt per day may be submitted. Receipts submitted for overnight stays with Sponsors in the lodging business (such as the Flying L Ranch), will be given credit for multiple purchases for multiple day stays, up to a maximum of three days. See the Rules for Participation for additional details.
To print a list of the tour sites so you can check them off as you submit your pics, click below.Stops_for_2020